Saigas is a UK renewable energy company that promotes biogas technology and in particular turn key anaerobic digestion projects including funding solutions.
Biogas typically refers to a gas produced by the biological breakdown of organic matter in the absence of oxygen. One such type of biogas is produced by anaerobic digestion or fermentation of biodegradable materials such as biomass, manure, sewage, municipal waste, green waste and energy crops.
The biogas production cycle:
- Recycling of waste to feed the digester.
- Production of renewable energy: Electricity and Heat.
- Production of a good quality fertiliser. -Production fibre suitable as a solid fuel.
This virtuous circle offers a clean and sustainable alternative to current disposal methods.
Saigas, therefore promotes a technology that meets all the requirements recently set out by the G7: The phasing-out of fossil fuels and the drastic reduction of greenhouse gases. The Pope recently recalled the urgency to act against global warming in the context of the Paris conference on climate late 2015.
Saigas, provides turnkey solutions to food manufacturing companies, restaurants and hotels, supermarkets, local authorities, public institutions, hospitals and prisons.
To achieve its targets, Saigas has many advantages:
- An efficient and proven technology: The Bioplex process. Saigas, has an exclusive license for the Bioplex process for all countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea (plus Portugal). The three-stage digestion process is patented and is in use in several locations (www.bioplex.co.uk). Outside this area under license, Saigas can participate upon request and with Bioplex to the study of any biogas project.
- The ability to find the necessary funding to build the site: Saigas offers financing solutions, allowing local actors to develop green projects without resorting to massive debt.
- Thus, from an application typically submitted by the waste producers (private or public), Saigas develops a custom project with Bioplex teams in collaboration with the competent authorities. This project includes everything from the drawing to the construction, the waste supply contract, maintenance, the financing, training of teams on site, discussions with local electricity producers.
Consequently, Saigas is a privileged voice in the biogas industry.
Saigas has a number of relationships with software houses that specialise in Business and Process modelling. These tools enable prospective investors to stress test the proposed design before having to commit funds thus reducing risk, making investment decisions a more precise activity. Saigas also benefits from a strong financial network that allows potential stakeholders to find the right solution for their projects.